Policies and Forms
Policies and Procedures
- MARSEA Student Handbook 2019-2020: MARSEA Handbook with the policies and procedures of the MARSEA program
- MARSEA Degree Audit Form: Track course and credit progress toward graduation
- FACETS: A guide to Columbia University Policies and Procedures
- Degree Requirements: Requirements for the MARSEA degree. Please contact the MARSEA Student Affairs Officer for any questions regarding these requirements.
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences: GSAS policies
- Registration Adjustment Form: Formal request to submit to the Registrar’s office to add or drop a course. Please note that SIPA has specific times to add courses during registration.
- Basic Academic Calendar: Registrar’s important academic deadlines
- Bulletin of Graduate Courses on East Asia: To take a course that is not listed in the Bulletin for credit towards the degree, you must get approval from the Student Affairs Officer in writing.
- Online Directory of Classes: Columbia’s online Directory of Classes is the most up-to-date information on class times and rooms
- Student Services Online: Registrar and Financial Services Portal for your account
- MARSEA Thesis Advisor Form: To be signed by your advisor in your first semester and submitted to the Student Affairs Officer
- Writing Center: Need help with your writing? Contact the Writing Center and attend drop in hours.
- Application for Degree Form: Registrar form to formally apply for your degree in your final semester at Columbia. Make sure to spell your name correctly!
Career and Internship Information
GSAS Compass: GSAS Compass is a new initiative in the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences that offers a variety of career development services tailored to master’s and doctoral students, including career development workshops, employer events, networking opportunities, and one-on-one advising.
Center For Career Education: Columbia University’s Career Center, where you can find information on how to format a resume, networking events, and job opportunities